Flower Workshop

This past Saturday from 10am- 5pm, I took a flower workshop from Richmond Artist and teacher, Christophora Robeers.

It was amazing! Flowers everywhere. We started around the tables and sketched the different flowers in gesture and contour style. 1, 2 or 5 minutes long.

Next we selected the flowers we wanted to focus on for the rest of the day. Here's what I picked. Ambitious!

I learned so much about paint and laying it on the canvas. Chris showed me how to place the warm and cool colors next to each other and not blend. Adding cool, French Ultramarine to create depth. Don't overdue white as a light source. Also, I learned how to add browns and yellow ochre to colors to neutralize them to make others pop. I can't wait to work on my painting and new style more and see where it goes!

Comments

  1. sounds like a great workshop. Thank you for sharing photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts