Willey Abstract

The historical Fan district is known for it's beautiful archectiture. High ceilings, crown molding, beautiful wood floors, the list goes on and on! High ceilings provide an opportunity to hang large abstract paintings!

Mollie and Mike Willey live on Park Avenue on a perfect storybook block. They needed a large painting for the top of their stairs. A focal point in their home.

We scheduled a consultation and I came over to their home to see their decor and colors. We talked about where they wanted to hang the painting and it's size.


Here I've taped off a 36x48" and a 36x36" to give Mollie and Mike a visual of what the art would look like on their wall. We decided the longer worked better with the steps. Also, instead of one large canvas, a triptych would work best to break up the vast space. From their decor we were able to determine the color palette I would use.


Here is the finished painting in my studio! Time to take it to the Willey Family!!


I love when clients are as excited as I am about a painting delivery! The best assistant ever, my husband, Rob helped me show them on the wall.


Waiting on the professionals to hang them!


Finished! What a difference original art makes on the wall! I am so pleased with how it turned out! Thank you, Mollie and Mike for this commission!! xoxo






Comments

Popular Posts