Kitty Painting



My painting Wednesday Night Painting Group had guest pet portrait artist and teacher, Adele Castillo. We all brought in a pet picture we wanted to work on. She did a demo for us to see how to get started then walked around and helped us. I choose an old picture of my cats, Quincy & Bandy snuggled together on my bed. I've always loved this picture, but I didn't consider how hard it is to paint!!

The background was yellow and now I'm making it purple. I think the darker background makes the cats pop better. Right now, my trouble is defining their faces. I'm working in oil so it's taking a while for the paint to dry for me to continue on the next layer of paint. I have a long ways to go....I'll continue to post on it's progress. I believe for this painting, patience is key!!

Comments

Popular Posts